MBA Free State is affiliated with MBSA which is an organisation speaking on behalf of its members and specialised Affiliate members. MBA Free State is part of a Federation of registered employers' organisations which represent contractors and employers operating in the building industry and is regulated in terms of Section 107 of the Labour Relations Act, Act 66 of 1995
Vision & Mission
To be the leading body in the building industry
- Promoting best practice
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships
- Interacting with government on national issues
- Growth, development and sustainability
What we do
Standard Forms of Contract
Master Builders South Africa has developed a number of useful model agreements for a variety of applications. The use of Master Builders South Africa contract documents is not restricted to members of Master Builders Associations and the documents are available to members of the public.
To determine whether a contractor is a member of an Association affiliated to Master Builders South Africa, please contact the local Master Builders Association.
Users of contract documents are advised that, although amendments and alterations are sometimes made to model agreements, such amendments are not recommended. If amendments or alterations have to be made they should be listed under the relevant clauses in the agreement and should be carefully assessed by all parties, specifically the effect of the amendments or alterations on the rest of the agreement. The following Standard Forms of Contract for use on different types of building projects are available from any of the Master Builders Associations.
- House Building & Small Contracts Agreement, March 2005 Edition (Suitable for use with or without an Agent)
- Domestic Subcontract Agreement, March 2014 Edition (Intended for use in conjunction with the JBCC Principal Building Agreement Edition 6.1 – March 2014)
- Labour Only Subcontract, February 2006 Edition (Intended for use in cases where the Contractor supplies all materials to the Labour Only Subcontractor)
- Agreement for Renovation and Refurbishment Work to Existing Premises, February 2006 Edition (Recommended for use where an existing building is to be repaired, renovated or refurbished)
The role of the Education & Training Committee is to provide the Board with information about the changing world of education and artisan training in South Africa. The Committee achieves this by its close cooperation and liaison with all the relevant departments and institutions, and includes the following:
- The National Department of Higher Education and Training
- Construction Education and Training Authority
- Quality Council for Trades and Occupations
- National Artisan Moderation Board
MBSA and the MBAs promote a positive OH&S culture, which contributes to the reduction and elimination of occupational injury, disease, loss and the prevention of damage to the environment. Compliance with the law and the well-being of both employer and employee is the foremost concern of MBSA.
This is achieved by developing solid management OH&S principles and providing the following services to our members and the industry:
- Informing members of new OH&S legislation
- Providing OH&S advice and guidance
- Assisting contractors to improve their OH&S programmes and procedures
- Carrying out site OH&S surveys and audits
- Conducting an annual national OH&S competition
- Assisting members with incident investigations and reports
- Arranging forums and workshops on informative OH&S topics
- Co-ordinating OH&S training courses.
MBSA's Government Affairs activities expand construction markets, through credible and expert advocacy at all levels of government, MBSA ensures that legislators and regulators understand the impacts of policies on building and construction businesses. MBSA facilitates the involvement of its members in government affairs, providing a powerful and respected voice in the policymaking process.